Friday, July 30, 2010

Hal Jordan needs his own motorcycle

Here I thought being intentionally unemployed meant having more free time. Silly me. I can't believe how busy I've been this week. HOWEVER, I finally had a chance to start getting caught up on my comics, including picking up the last two Green Lantern issues. Many people had told me about issue #55 and how much I'd love it, and Hal vs. Lobo. Well ... Holy cow ...

Oh, Hal. Still defying your momma's attempts to keep you safe.



I admit, I still very, very much miss Ivan Reis on Green Lantern, but Doug Mahnke is growing on me. This helps CONSIDERABLY.

To heck with planes. Hal needs his own motorcycle. He needs one NOW.

7 comments:

Saranga said...

have you seen the emerald warriors preview? guy made his own bike.

SallyP said...

Mahnke has been knocking it out of the park artwise, lately. And Hal seems to be having such FUN in his book lately! After all the gloom and doom of Blackest Night, it's rather enjoyable.

MJenks said...

Can't he just will one into being through the ring whenever he needs it?

However, I've always been pining for that elusive Green Lantern/Lobo cross over. Finally, my wishes have come true!!!

LissBirds said...

This issue was full of win on so many levels. It was just downright fun, plus the whole Dex-Starr subplot was absolutely heart-wrenching. I love that cat.

Lobo should show up in comics more often. He seems to just make them more entertaining just by showing up...

Trenino said...

The first panel makes Hal look a tad like a younger Bruce Campbell.

I geeked all over myself.

Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! :-D Well, I've always said that Hal Jordan is the Bruce Campbell of the DCU. ;-)

LissBirds said...

I had to look up who Bruce Campbell is, and he looks a lot more like Hal Jordan than Ryan Reynolds does!