It's 2010, and a friend has hit me with one of those inane personal information questionnaires. Well, I haven't filled one of these out in a while, and this blog is all about inanity, anyway. Besides, it's kind of a fun way for people to take personal inventory; so, here goes. Anyone who wants to is more than welcome to copy these questions and supply your own answers -- and either post them on your own blogs or email them to your buddies. Here goes!
1. What time did you get up this morning?
6:01. Six-oh-FRICKIN’-one …
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Amethysts and peridots.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
At the cinema? Pixar’s UP. I’ve been relying mostly on PS3 downloads and Turner Classic Movies lately. No, I haven't seen Avatar yet. Yes, you can all be shocked.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Right now? Batman: The Brave & The Bold
5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Whatever I can get my hands on -- and a big ol’ mug of nasty publishing company coffee.
6. What is your middle name?
My REAL one? Faye.
7. What food do you dislike?
8. What is your favorite album at the moment?
Gorillaz, Plastic Beach -- been listening to it through National Public Radio’s Web site.
9. What kind of car do you drive?
Currently, a black Dodge Caliber named Black Beauty -- after the Green Hornet’s car. I was forced to retire my beloved Saturn last summer. I miss my Saturn, but I do love Black Beauty -- it’s like a Swiss Army Knife on wheels!
10. Favorite sandwich?
Big breaded tenderloin with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. A Hoosier delicacy.
11. What characteristic do you despise?
12. Favorite item of clothing?
My green scarf from Peru.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
14. Favorite brand of clothing?
I don’t have one.
15. Where would you retire to?
I love Indianapolis. I will never leave it.
16. What was your most memorable birthday?
The infamous Bambi birthday.
17. Favorite sport to watch?
Currently, Colts football and the Indianapolis 500.
18. Furthest place you are sending this?
It’s a blog post, so it’s available everywhere.
19. Person you expect to send it back first?
20. When is your birthday?
New Year’s Eve.
21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
22. What is your shoe size?
Currently, one dog -- a crazy Shiba Inu -- and a tank full of African Cichlids. My old geezer dog passed away peacefully last summer.
24. Any new and exciting news you 'd like to share with us?
Nothing I haven’t already shared!
25. What did you want to be when you were little?
A Disney animator.
26. How are you today?
Okay, except for fighting off the umpteenth cold I’ve had since Mighty Mite was born.
27. What is your favorite candy?
Coconut creams in dark chocolate.
28. What is your favorite flower?
Dark red roses.
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
July 5. I’m biding my time, biding my time …
30. What's your full name?
I prefer to blog anonymously.
31. What are you listening to right now?
The Robert Cray Band, Midnight Stroll. The most underrated blues album of all time.
32. What was the last thing you ate?
A slice of leftover cheese pizza.
33. Do you wish on stars?
Yes, when I get to see them.
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
35. How is the weather right now?
Bright and sunny, and FINALLY warm enough to melt all this %#&$ snow!
36. What is your natural hair color?
37. Favorite soft drink?
Diet Dr. Pepper.
38. Favorite restaurant?
Smee’s Place, Indianapolis.
39. Favorite color of nail polish?
I don’t wear nail polish.
40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Quacky, my stuffed duck.
41. Summer or winter?
Spring and fall, thank you.
42. Hugs or kisses
43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
44. Coffee or tea?
45. Do you want your friends to email you back?
They can if they want to.
46. When was the last time you cried?
Um … I honestly can’t remember. Probably the last time I watched UP.
47. What is under your bed?
Nothing. I don’t store things under my bed.
48. What did you do last night?
Invited a friend over for dinner and let her VENT, and VENT, and VENT …!
49. What are you afraid of?
50. Salty or sweet?
51. How many keys on your key ring?
52. How many years at your current job?
20 years at my profession, 7 years with my current employer.
53. Favorite day of the week?
54. How many towns have you lived in?
Four: Indianapolis, Indiana; Fishers, Indiana; Bloomington, Indiana (college); and (sorta) Dunedin, Florida.
55. Do you make friends easily?
Only if I want to!