Thursday, January 7, 2010

My computer and scanner hate each other

Technology upgrades are ALWAYS such a mixed blessing. Mr. Sea got me a brand-new laptop for Christmas. I love the thing, but it won't talk to my scanner! I'm still working out the kinks, though, and hopefully I'll have everything up and running properly after this weekend. Once I do, I'm going to spend some time here exploring Hal Jordan's days as the SPECTRE. I admit, the one thing I'm most looking forward to seeing in upcoming Green Lantern: Blackest Night events is Hal's showdown with the Spectre. Given Hal's history with the Spectre, it should be VERY interesting.

On another note: It's STILL COLD, and getting COLDER, and there's about seven inches of snow on my driveway right now. Goody, goody!

5 comments:

SallyP said...

I applaud your decision! And yes, technology is sucky. Why can't things just plug in and work right away?

It got all the way up to 34 degrees in balmy old Connecticut today, but I guess your weather is a'coming our way.

And yes, Hal and the Spectre is going to be so good.

3NINO said...

I would kill for some nice, soft, plowable snow.
Here in southampton nobody bothered to plow the pavements and street when they were covered in snow so now everything is like a damnable ice-rink. Not nice when you have to race downhill to get to classes...

Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, we are lucky in that all of the ice melted away before the snow hit. If it weren't so darned cold, this would be PERFECT snow for sledding!

Siskoid said...

My new computer wants nothing to do with my old scanner. The solution cost me a couple bucks (not all that much really). There's software you can get that can run pretty much any scanner on any computer.

I can get you more detail once I get home.

Sea-of-Green said...

I think I got it now, Siskoid, but I very much appreciate your offer! :-)