Friday, October 2, 2009

The art of Lego Cube Dudes!

If you haven't yet seen these, take a gander: Pixar animator Angus MacLane (especially known for his work on Wall*E) uses Legos to create what are known as Cube Dudes. Granted, there are a lot of pop-culture characters that already appear in Lego or similar form, but MacLane's figures are well worth noting. Here are just a few -- just a few! -- of my favorites:

Jack Skellington:

Hellboy:

Hal Jordan (Green Lantern):

Colonel Sanders:

Darth Vader:

Wonder Woman:

The Mighty Thor:

Spider-Man:

R2D2:

Nightcrawler:

Who says playing with Legos is only for little kids?

6 comments:

SallyP said...

Amazing! And cute too.

That Face! said...

WOAAH!!

Love'em!

Now I wish I'd brought some lego to university...

Sea-of-Green said...

I am half-tempted to try to recreate one of these, but all I have is a boatload of Harry Potter Legos. :-]

Kevin T. said...

These are great! Why no link?

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

These are just great! I've seen "Lego sculptures" using tons and tons of pieces, but the amazing thing here is the simplicity and the result just blew my mind away, lol.

Sea-of-Green said...

Sorry, I don't have any links. :-( I got the images from a buddy who emailed them to me. I believe they're posted on Flickr somewhere, but I haven't tracked them down.