Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ah-HA, I found it! Ethan Van Sciver's Green Lantern and Phoenix

I was recently reminded of a drawing by Ethan Van Sciver that I just HAD to track down and post here. It appeared on eBay a couple of years ago -- I lost the bid on it, and I'm STILL kicking myself over it. Luckily, I still had a copy of the image stashed away in my archives. I have no idea who owns the drawing now, but I would still love to have it:

Hal (Green Lantern) Jordan with Jean (Phoenix) Gray! What an odd and completely logical pairing. That they have a lot in common goes without saying (cosmic powers, possession by powerful alien entities, universe-altering trips down the dark side, dying and coming back to life, etc.). The next time DC and Marvel get together for a cross-over, this is a match-up I'd LOVE to see. And, hey, I can seriously see Jean forming a romantic interest in Hal. She has a history of hooking up with jerks, anyway.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

That is really quite gorgeous. And I can completely see Hal hitting on her...'cause that's what Hal DOES!

And you're right of course, Jean would probably enjoy it, she does seem to like jerks.

You do realize that Hal could make mincemeat out of both Scott and Logan without even working up a sweat.

FoldedSoup said...

That looks like a colorists' nightmare. Or, challenge.

Sea-of-Green said...

Challenge, CHALLENGE. ;-)