Monday, May 11, 2009

REAL Wolverine claws?

I'm sure a lot of you guys have already seen this, but for those who haven't, there's a guy who's made REAL, WORKING -- and potentially very lethal -- Wolverine claws. Check 'em out:

Now, on Metacafe, the guy who made them posted the following explanation:

I made these myself out of steel and metal tubing. This was a request from a friend, and I enjoy the challenge of making stuff, so I took it. I know it's not impressive to beat up boxes, but honestly what else I am going to use to show that they really work and can take a beating. It was fun to make, and pretty fun to wear too. Oh, and I'm a perfectly sane person.

Well, that's a relief, I must say. However, I can't help but wonder if he didn't punch holes in his carpet while filming that video. That, and how do the things retract? Questions, questions.

9 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, those are pretty freaky, and would definitely be lethal. I wonder if they count as concealed weapons (or switchblades) under the laws in whatever state he's in.

Saranga said...

Okaaaayyy..the dedication is admirable but I think I might be freaked out by someone owning them. Liek I'd be freaked out if anyone had a working gun or a sword collection. It's just weird.

TF said...

prepare to be feraked out because...

WANT.

but seriously, a laser cannon would be much cooler and far more impressive.

MetFanMac said...

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; don't give a man a fish, and he'll find something to do to spend his free time with...!

SallyP said...

He had better be careful, considering Hugh Jackman has managed to stab himself with the movie version several times.

I actually HAVE two swords.

Kevin T. said...

See, now all he has to do is fill his bones with adamantium, get trapped in Canada, escape to Japan, go on a few berserker rages, fall in love a couple times only to have your loved one brutally murdered and BAM!

You are SET, brother!

Saranga said...

Ok so now I'm a little freaked out ;)

I'm just not too keen on weapons. I have been gun shooting before, thought I'd love it, but actually didn't feel vary comfortable. It was odd.

Hope you all know I wasn't meaning to insult anyone?

Sea-of-Green said...

No worries, Saranga -- we know you aren't trying to insult anyone. :-)

I have to admit that though I don't own any guns, I DO own a couple of swords (I took fencing in college), an archery set from Borneo, and several blowguns from various places in Indonesia. There's a wall in my house displaying these objects. Mr. Sea calls it the "weapons wall." And, yep, all these weapons work just fine. The blowguns are great to use on dartboards. And I once, er, VERY STUPIDLY, shot an arrow through the boards of a wooden staircase in a townhouse. :-\ I just wanted to see how good the arrows were -- I didn't think they were THAT good.

Saranga said...

Ha! I'd totally do that!
I obviously have a blind spot because I think the arrows are cool. I blame Mr Oliver Queen.
Also, if you've done (or do) fencing that's also different. Of course.