Sunday, March 8, 2009

Something is AMISS in Fandom Land!

So, my brother George came over to visit today -- GEORGE, who is a HUGE Futurama fan and can always be counted on to show up with the latest Futurama DVD. Did he bring a copy of the latest Futurama movie, "Into the Wild Green Yonder," with him? NO.

"So, where's Futurama?" I asked.

"I haven't bought it yet," George replied.

George hasn't bought Futurama yet?! SHOCK! AMAZEMENT!

"So," he asked, "Picked up the new Wonder Woman DVD yet?"

"No, not yet," I replied.

IT was HIS turn to be shocked. I'm known to always pick up DC direct-to-video movies the DAY they're released.

"Seen Watchmen yet?" I asked.

"No," he replied, "You?"

"No," I said.

Then we looked at each other and said, simultaneously, "What the hell is wrong with us?!"

Something is seriously wrong in Fandom Land!

6 comments:

Kevin T. said...

HAH!

Oh sea, I haven't seen watchmen either, but I hear it's right for the fans (dubious verdict for non-fans).

Futurama is a great show! I always try to catch it on the hotel cable (because home=no cable).

RAB said...

This is kind of disturbing. I haven't seen Watchmen or Into The Wild Green Yonder yet either. Now, I am not your brother George (to my knowledge) but anyone who knows me would have responded to that news with an equivalent gasp of horror.

I don't know if it's the economy to blame. I mean, I certainly plan to see both of them, so it's not a matter of saving money. It's more a matter of, where's the urgency? Are these things a priority? Why not?

In fairness, I really loved Bender's Big Score but really didn't love Beast With A Billion Backs even slightly, so there's an element of "I've been badly let down and I'm reluctant to get too enthusiastic again in case my heart is broken all over again." Because it's one thing from a woman, that I can handle, but being hurt by Futurama is too much to bear. So maybe it's just that simple?

TF said...

I'll probably have to wait a month before I can even see ITWGY on tv... :,-(
I liked Bender's big score too. Not so much Beast with a billion backs. That one freaked me out a bit.

MetFanMac said...

Maybe you're both starting to become mature and responsible adults?...

Nah.

SallyP said...

I know the feeling. I haven't seen Watchmen or picked up the Wonder Woman DVD yet. I will get around to the latter, but will probably wait for the former until it comes out on HBO or something.

Heck, I haven't even seen the Dark Knight yet! I'm a failure as a nerd.

Sea_of_Green said...

I just hope this isn't reflective of a general feeling of malaise toward my hobbies! :-(