Wednesday, March 25, 2009

AT LAST! Jane Austen with Zombies!

My apologies to the people out there who actually enjoy the works of Jane Austen, but I could never get into them -- they bore me to tears. But there's a new book coming out that MIGHT get me to change my opinion:

Yes, you read that title correctly! Here's the product description:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Complete with 20 illustrations in the style of C. E. Brock (the original illustrator of Pride and Prejudice), this insanely funny expanded edition will introduce Jane Austen's classic novel to new legions of fans.

The book is currently due for an April 8 release. Some of you probably recognize Austen's "co-author" here. Seth Grahame-Smith is also the co-author (along with Wes Craven) of How to Survive a Horror Movie. Fun stuff! Click here for this book's Amazon page, if anyone wants more information.

On an entirely different note: Mr. Sea is employed! They called him yesterday and said, "Hey, can you start work tomorrow?" So, he's at his new job RIGHT NOW. Best of all, it's a job he actually WANTED, rather than one he just had to take because he needed a job, any job. We should all be so lucky.

Yaaay!

9 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh, hearty congratulations to Mr. Sea! It's even better, that it is something that he likes to do.

As a Jane Austen lover, I feel...a swoon coming on.

Saranga said...

Congrats to Mr Sea!

And yay for Zombie Austen.

TF said...

Now I love Austen.
I love zombies.
This can only be total WIN.

also, I'm glad somebody had a good day today.
though it's getting better.
It's getting better all the time.
I used to be mad at my school...
...

Eldest said...

Gratz to Mr. Sea!

I love Jane Austen and that book in particular but now it'll be even better.

MetFanMac said...

Yay for job hirements and zombie Victorians!

...We still get Ittytoons, right?

Sea_of_Green said...

Yep, Mr. Sea will still do Itty toons. He says he plans to do at least one per weekend until he gets settled in his job -- then hopefully he'll be able to do more.

Erica said...

Oh goody, congrats to Mr. Sea! And I have got to get a copy of that book... part of what I always loved about Jane Austen novels was laughing at them, and adding zombies just makes that easier.

Baal said...

Have you read the Jasper Fforde series starring Tuesday Next? It saved the genre for me as well.

Siskoid said...

I am totally on board the "meh" Austen bus with you. Same for the Bronte sisters.