Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deadlines, in-laws, and awards, oh my!

Awww, whaddaya know. Chris over at Comics All Too Real was kind enough to give this blog a “Premio al Esfuerzo Personal" award. In Chris’s words, “The name of this award translates into ‘Personal Effort Award’ but the full meaning in Spanish gets a little lost -- Anyway, it's some sort of meme award intended to highlight those blogs that show a lot of devotion and growth thanks to the effort of their writers.”

Why, THANK YOU, Chris!

Now, ideally, per the award rules, I should turn around and extend the award to my seven favorite blogs, but there are a couple of problems with that.

First of all, Chris has already picked some of my favorites (and, of course, Chris’s own blog is definitely one of my favorites).

Second, I have too many favorites to limit the award to just seven. The blogs I enjoy visiting -– all for various reasons -- are all listed in the right-hand sidebar titled “Other blogs of note -- visit at your own risk.” Though I don’t always leave comments, I visit ALL of these blogs every chance I get -– usually during workdays. If I didn’t enjoy visiting these blogs, I wouldn’t list them, period. I do try to keep the list updated, and I do add new blogs that I like when I find them. And as long as a blog doesn’t go more than two months without a post, once it goes on my list, it’s likely to stay there.

To my mind, all of these bloggers have posted something that deserves a Premio award. And I know there will be more bloggers in the future deserving of the award. Thanks, you guys -- I appreciate ALL of you!

SO, here's yer trophy, everyone!

On that note, it looks like I’m outta here until at least January 2. Year-end publishing deadlines are looming, authors are panicking, and in-laws are threatening to invade my homestead for the holidays. Plus, the in-laws plan to kidnap me, Mr. Sea, and Mighty Mite for a “fun-filled New Year’s Eve” spent in a cabin in Michigan City(?). Uhhhhhh … I think you're gonna owe me BIG for this one, Mr. Sea!!!

(With that in mind -– If a blizzard happens to hit northern Indiana during the holidays, can someone PLEASE scout around Michigan City’s wooded cabins to rescue us before I find an excuse to, er, belittle my brother-in-law? Just look for a blue PT Cruiser with a Green Lantern sticker in the back window. Thanks!)

Happy Holidays, everyone! Be good to yourselves and each other!

12 comments:

Dreadful Rauw said...

Awww... My first award. What, no trophy?

Kevin T. said...

'tis the season, sea -- to cram for deadlines!

I hope you have a great time with the in-laws, and if we get a blizzard (I'm assuming Chicago weather ~ Indiana weather), that only means more ammo for snowballs!

Sea_of_Green said...

Oops -- yeah, I guess I should include the trophy for everyone, huh? Post has been edited accordingly! :-)

Dreadful Rauw said...

Now I just have to figure out how to put a sticky note on it...

TF said...

you're leaving?

please check out my crazy toy story diorama over at the consortium before you go?
pleeeeease? :-D

oh yeah, and I hope you guys have heckyeah fun.

SallyP said...

Out carousing eh? Well have a heck of a good time. And Congratulations, of course.

Baal said...

I'll miss ya.

Maxo said...

Have a good holiday, Sea!

MetFanMac said...

Shucks, I'm touched :)

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Happy holidays to you too, Sea of Green! And may you have nice Christmas and a greener new year XD

FoldedSoup said...

Merry Christmas, Sea.

Sea_of_Green said...

THANKS, you guys. :-)