Monday, November 17, 2008

An editor's worst nightmare: Massive deadline while sick

When adorable little Mighty Mite first came into our lives, I told Mr. Sea, half jokingly, "You know, babies are little germ factories. We're gonna start getting SICK a LOT."

Boy, do I ever hate being right.

Mighty Mite got sick on Friday, and then I got sick, and then Mr. Sea got sick. Oh, what a fun, fun, weekend! Today, Mighty Mite is fully recovered (thank goodness), but Mr. Sea and I are STILL under the weather, and I have a massive book deadline. So, no real blog post from me today. I usually try to post Monday through Friday, with the occasional weekend, but it ain't happenin' today. Gotta go wrestle with a 384-page test preparation book while trying to keep down a bowl of oatmeal. Bleah.

Hope everyone else has a much more pleasant Monday!

8 comments:

TF said...

My mondays always suck.

mondays almost always do... it's the unwritten law of the universe. Maybe if somebody wrote it down, like on a stone tablet or a piece of medieveil parchment it would stop being right! That works with all the other laws... right?

heh, sorry for that.
I giveth you hugs.
*hug*

let's go shoot the whole day down.

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

There's always a light at the end of the-- uh-- sea?

Hope you get well soon and I'm so jealous of you, you're actually a real writer, lol. That's my dream job, you know. Well, besides being a comic book writer.

Erica said...

The worst part about kids isn't that they get you sick ALL THE TIME (which they do), it's that they get well so quickly. Pretty inconsiderate. "Yeah, Mom, I had sniffles for a day, sorry about your two-week hacking cough..."

And a blog post about not posting counts as a post, so you're totally covered ;)

googum said...

Yeah, as a single guy, I didn't get sick for years. With kids, I catch all sorts of weird ailments. It happens. Feel better soon!

Kevin T. said...

Aw sea, I'm sorry. Make sure to drink your fluids and all that.

But, hey, at least you don't have a "Massive sickline while dead."

Ha? Ha?

SallyP said...

Erica is absolutely right, the little buggers infect the entire household, but get over it in a day or so.

It gets worse once they're in school however. Especially elementary school, when they all go back in September, and become reacquainted with each other's germs, which then spread to the teachers and families. At least by High school they become a bit more immune.

None of this is any comfort to you in your current affliction however. Have some tea, and put your feet up if possible.

MetFanMac said...

Refuah shleimah Sea!

Sea_of_Green said...

Thanks, everyone. :-) I'm all better now -- and I met my deadline! Hoorah! :-)