Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why I love Batman





Hee, hee, hee. He's so damn rude. :-) Granted, Batman DOES hate crooks, but he REALLY hates stupid crooks. In fact, he hates stupid people in general. It's probably yet another reason why he isn't too fond of Hal Jordan.

Wheeeeeee! I totally forgot to verify that, yes, earlier this week, I added the original Green Mask to my blog banner. See? He's the mostly-blue guy at the top near the middle. Dunno who I'm gonna add next. Probably an obscure Green Lantern or two. Maybe the one that looks like some sorta unicorn-horsey-goat. Hee, hee, hee!

Wow, it's been a while since I've had the flu, or even a fever. Now I can't even sit up without feeling dizzy. I'm downright delirious, in fact. Probably shouldn't even be on this stupid computer right now -- but, what the heck.

I MUST be delirious. I've been sittin' in bed all day reading old Green Lantern comics from the early 1980s. My GOD these things are bad. Hilariously awful. I just gotta do posts about some of 'em, especially the one with Hal versus Puff the Magic Dragon. Hey, that's Hal's name for the critter, not mine. Hee, hee!

I'm gonna go visit some other blogs now. BE AFRAID, fellow bloggers! Wheeeeeeee!

12 comments:

Baal said...

I nominate Charlie Vickers as your obscure Green Lantern...

MetFanMac said...

Hee hee. Bat-Snark!

SallyP said...

It's probably the Nyquil talking, but I can think of worse things to do than read old comics when you're sick in bed.

Gee, he DOES look like he's saying "Wheeeee" in the banner, doesn't he?

That has to be a Neal Adams Batman. Bats isn't my favorite, but I can summon up a bit of sympathy for him here...it must get awfully old to have to go through the obligatory thug in order to do business.

Tomfoolery said...

Batman rules.

heh. Dummy.

googum said...

Feel better, Sea! And here's an obscure Green Lantern for you!

Anonymous said...

Have you made it as far as the comic where Hal gets killed by (wait for it) Doctor Polaris? Oh, the shaaaame!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you made it as far as the comic where Hal gets killed by (wait for it) Doctor Polaris? Oh, the shaaaame!!!

SallyP said...

Now now, it's not wise to mock Doctor Polaris. He doesn't take it well.

SallyP said...

Now now, it's not wise to mock Doctor Polaris. He doesn't take it well.

SallyP said...

Oops!

Sea_of_Green said...

Oh, but Baal, Charlie is just another freckle-faced Earth guy! :-)

YEP, Sally -- that Batman is a Neal Adams Batman. Still my favorite Batman of all time.

Tom, OF COURSE Batman rules! Especially the O'Neil/Adams Batman. :-)

Googum, that is hilariously disturbing ...! I'll seriously think about it!

Anon -- Yeah, but Doc Polaris did that back in the 1960s. In the '80s he just tried to FREEZE Hal to death. :-) No, the '80s was devoted mostly to Hal being exiled in space, and then being bullied by Carol into quitting the GLC not long after he got back home.

Sea_of_Green said...

... that is, the EARLY 80s. The late 80s dealt mostly with the GLC of Earth and the temporary destruction (and resurrection) of the GLC.