Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recent job change?

So, we're watching football, and Mr. Sea decides he wants to order a pizza. Mr. Sea has the number for the local Pizza Hut programmed into his phone. He calls it, and a girl answers: "Donatos!"

"Did you just say 'Donatos'?" asks Mr. Sea.

There's a pause, and then the girl says, "Pizza Hut! I said 'Pizza Hut'!"

Mr. Sea goes ahead and orders pizza. We were half wondering if a Donatos pizza was going to show up at the door (nope, Pizza Hut).

We figured the girl answering the phone either just changed jobs, or was wishing she was working for someone else.

5 comments:

snell said...

Assuming, of course, your husband's hearing is working...

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Just don't tell that girl's boss. Probably she was embarrassed to death and that is reason enough to get her fired, even more if we're talking about such a strong trademark as Pizza Hut.

Hmmmm... Now I got hungry. :P

Sea_of_Green said...

Nah, Mr. Sea isn't THAT deaf. There are times, though ...! ;-)

SallyP said...

I can only assume that she's new. I did that myself once or twice when the company that I worked for had been sold.

Sea_of_Green said...

Yeah, I've switched publishing companies so many times, I'm amazed I haven't committed the same error!