Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I love Batman. I really do ...

... but I can't resist picking on him, especially since Sally declared this Bash Batman Week. (Or is that Bonk Batman Week? Abuse-a-Batman Week?) Anyway ...

Yeah. That'll teach Bruce not to go wandering around resort hotels in his pajamas.

Now, I REALLY wish I could take credit for the following covers, but I can't. Way before the existence of the Blogosphere, and even before the existence of personal computers (in the mid-1970s, to be exact), DC staffers came up with THESE cover spoofs -- proving that messing with panels and covers of super-hero comics is a very old and proud tradition:



Awright, awright, I think Batman has taken enough abuse for the moment. Let's pick on a member of the Batman family who almost NEVER gets picked on by fans -- ALFRED!

Remember, this is BATMAN's butler being shown here. Now, Jarvis, over in the Marvel Universe, may not get as much respect from fans as Alfred does. However, you can bet that in his dealings with Tony Stark, the Avengers, and every bit of weirdness that's gone on in the Marvel Universe, Jarvis has NEVER been chomped in the ass by a turtle.

That's enough of picking on poor old Alfred. Let's wrap this up with Batman's audition for the Rockettes:

I share your fear, Green Arrow. I really do.

6 comments:

Tomfoolery said...

Oh har de har har!!
Great stuff once again!

The Alfred-being-bitten-on-the-arse-by-a-snapping-turtle pic made my day!!

SallyP said...

Why, that must be the Green Turtle's sidekick, Snappy, the snapping Turtle! I LOVE the Silver Age!

These are truly magnificent. I particularly like the "kick me" sign. It is just something that I can see Guy trying to do.

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Bash Batman week? 0.0 That's amazing! Thankfully I got back in time, heehee.

Sea_of_Green said...

That's it! Alfred has been attacked by Green Turtle's sidekick Snappy!

Snappy is certainly more entertaining than the Green Turtle's OTHER sidekick, Burma Boy.

SallyP said...

BURMA BOY?? Does he give the villains a "close shave?"

Sea_of_Green said...

Nah, it was because the poor kid just happened to be from Burma. It would be like calling YOU "Connecticut Woman." ;-)