Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another reason why Batman dislikes Hal Jordan

I just picked up the trade version of The Brave and the Bold: The Lords of Luck, and was reminded of yet one more reason WHY Bruce (Batman) Wayne has good cause to dislike Hal (Green Lantern) Jordan -- and should NEVER go gambling with him in Vegas. (Have I said before that Hal is a reckless bastard?) From The Brave and The Bold #1 (2007):










Hee, hee hee -- that STILL cracks me up.

Oh, yeah ...! Barry (The Flash) Allen is back now! So Hal can go back to borrowing money from him: "Welcome home, Barry, ol' buddy! Hey, can I borrow twenty bucks? I can repay you Friday!"

5 comments:

TF said...

viva las vegas, superdickery style.

I can't even belive these are real comic book stories.
you sure, you didn't photoshop this? :-p

SallyP said...

She did NOT photoshop this. It was, and remains, my favorite scene from the Brave & the Bold.

Heh heh.

I'm still stunned that Hal used the word "disconcerted" properly.

TF said...

'which is always discon...

disconcarn...

no, disconserver...

...

disconerfer...'

'does it bother you?'

''gawd, Bruce! will ya let me finish!? jeez!'

Sea_of_Green said...

It's all because Hal's ring was translating for him. ;-)

Ronin said...

Bruce can never pretend to be smart. He plays quite a dumb role. He probably wanted to give his money away.