Saturday, September 27, 2008

Playin' with the layout

A couple of weeks ago I posted a poll for a new banner design for this blog. A banner featuring "obscure green heroes" won the most votes, so I've been working on one. The one posted right now is kind of a work in progress -- especially since the only hero featured on it right now is my FAVORITE obscure green hero, the Green Lama. More to come (I'm thinkin' the Green Turtle HAS to be on the banner somewhere), hopefully soon. I also HAD to fit an image of the state of Indiana on the banner somehow. Hey, despite my current obsession with super-heroes, this IS primarily a Hoosier blog, after all.

I also had to play with the blog layout a bit to make the new banner work. Sorry about that -- I know readers hate it when something they're used to seeing on a regular basis changes appearance.

Now I better go find that Green Turtle story that I've stored somewhere ...

4 comments:

Carnivac said...

It's cool but the banner image is too jpg'd with all the artifacts and stuff. Have you tried saving it with a lower compression or just using PNG for a nice crisp image?

SallyP said...

I don't even know what carnivac just said. Sometimes it's just easier to be a luddite.

It's a COOL banner, with the Green Lama tucked away there. I also like how the IN is in the shape of Indiana.

Tomfoolery said...

That's a good-looking banner.
me likey

Sea_of_Green said...

Thanks, you guys.

You're absolutely right, Carnivac. I'll play with it a bit more to tidy it up.