Monday, September 22, 2008

Hal Jordan isn't the only clumsy Green Lantern

Hal Jordan tends to get criticized (or laughed at) a lot for being a rather clumsy Green Lantern, what with the number of times Hal's been smacked in the head or has run into things. Granted, most of the other Lanterns don't seem to be nearly as clumsy. John Stewart certainly isn't clumsy. Neither is Guy Gardner, really.

However, Kyle Rayner has been known to have his moments. Case in point:



This is about the time Green Arrow decided Kyle wasn't such a bad guy after all. Yep, Ollie was probably thinking, "Awwwwwww ... Kyle's so STUPID and CLUMSY ... That's the way a Green Lantern SHOULD be!"

7 comments:

SallyP said...

That's just Ollie being all warm and fuzzy because Kyle reminds him of Hal.

No, John's not clumsy and neither is Guy. Guy's a former gymnast and football player. He may have had his moments of comic ineptitude, but a lack of coordination is NOT one of his problems.

Hal on the other hand. Can you imagine what it must have been like for his parents when he started to walk?

Sea_of_Green said...

And yet, apparently, they never gave him a helmet. Maybe they hoped a little brain damage might slow him down.

Tomfoolery said...

'ow... pain'

made my day.

Carnivac said...

That sequence of images put a huge grin on my face. Which issue is that?

Sea_of_Green said...

It's from Green Arrow #25 (2003) -- same issue as the notorious "Gee Ollie I never knew you cared" panel. Just ask Sally about THAT one. ;-)

Carnivac said...

Oh. I have all that run of Green Arrow.. why don't I recall this scene? Will open up the big box (that I haven't opened since I moved) and check through them.

Carnivac said...

Ok I think I know why I don't remember this. It was a crossover with Kyle's GL run and I wasn't buying that at the time so I bought the GA series as I was already but I was gonna save that story til whenever I obtained the GL issues. So yeah... never read it.

I like GA's response when he's landed on top of Kyle when they go through the portal thing :P