Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sea-of-Green Lantern

Awwwww, my hubby must love me. Mr. Sea just e-mailed me the following drawing of me as a Green Lantern, in my very own custom Green Lantern uniform:

'Cept, you made me LEFT-HANDED, honey! Aww, but I love ya, ya big lug. :-)

For those of you who haven't seen it, Mr. Sea made this drawing via Fábrica de Heróis, a really fun program that lets you create superheroes in the DC/Bruce Timm animated style. Howling Curmudgeons and a couple of other sites reported on it a few weeks ago. Fábrica de Heróis is a blog page that's entirely in Portuguese, so if you don't know Portuguese or don't have access to a good translator, navigating the site can be a bit of a challenge. However, if you just go to the very bottom of the page and click on the big "CRIAR!!" button, you can open up the program and start having fun with it. It becomes pretty obvious what all the controls do if you just play with them a bit -- and they ARE fun to play with.

One drawback is you can't save your drawings via the program itself. (DON'T navigate away from the page while working on a drawing, or you WILL lose your drawing!) You have to use a screencapture program to do so. I highly recommend SnagIt. There's a free 30-day trial version available via TechSmith if you want to check it out. You can then open up the image in Photoshop, Gimp, or other graphics programs to manipulate it however you want.

Have fun, kiddies!

8 comments:

FoldedSoup said...

Wow! Thanks for that! Work productivity be darned!

SallyP said...

That is so cool! You look fabulous.

Sea_of_Green said...

Hey, I'm just thankful that Mr. Sea didn't put me into Arisia's uniform. :-\

Pete said...

I want one!

And I'm okay with being left-handed, cause, y'know, I am.

That always bugged me about Sinestro...it's like who ever created him really has it out for leftys. Ring on the left hand, and then, there's the name...why does the GLC hate the leftys?

googum said...

Sharp! I may have to try that.

Sea_of_Green said...

Pete, there HAS to be a left-handed (or left-tentacled, or left-clawed) Green Lantern out there somewhere. I can't imagine the GLC would be that mean. :-)

Pete said...

Even Sinestro wore his ring on the right when he was a GL...

Carnivac said...

I had a go too, and posted mine at my forum at http://carnivac.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108.0

Sorry I don't know how to link the pics directly within this box thing.

Quite a fun little program that. And probably the closest I'll get to being a Green Lantern. I have the shirt, and a plastic ring, but I don't look that good in a skin tight uniform :(