Friday, August 29, 2008

A fun online hero-drawing program -- in English!

For those of you who haven't already found it, UGO.com ("Lifestyle for Gamers") has posted its own online hero-drawing program: HeroMachine Version 2.5. Anyone who visits the site can play with the program. It's similar in function to the one at Fábrica de Heróis -- only it features a traditional hand-drawn style, and it's in English instead of Portuguese. Also, the creators are very careful to avoid trademark and copyright infringements, so don't expect to find any Superman symbols or Hellboy parts in the drawing selections.

I made myself a Spectre with the program:

(Y'know, it really is amazing that writers and artists have succeeded in painting the Spectre as a frightening figure. I mean, he's a mostly-naked guy in a cloak, a bathing suit, and pixie boots, for crying out loud. How scary is that?)

Have fun playing with the program, everyone. And have a great weekend!

5 comments:

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Almost naked? 0.0 You just ruined my entire childhood! I always thought he had a white dress. :**(

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Oh, and thanks for the link to Hero Machine :D

SallyP said...

It's very hard to be menacing in pixis boots. Look at the Green Lama!

I'll have to check this out.

Sea_of_Green said...

I'm sorry, Chris -- I didn't mean to shatter your illusions. ;-)

Hey, the Spectre is PROOF that you CAN be menacing in pixie boots!

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

Well, Robin has pixie boots and he's menacing.

Well, a little.

Ok, no :s