Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Egad, I've been attacked with one of those evil meme tags!

So. It's come to THIS. Apparently, Pillock posted a meme, and then Fortress Keeper tagged Googum, who then tagged ME. The task: Name your favorite blog post (someone else's blog post). Oh, and be sure to tag five other bloggers so they can add to the mayhem.

Thanks bunches, Googum. What did I ever do to you?

Awright, awright, I'll play along ...

I'm really very sorry, folks, but my favorite blog post so far is neither comic-book related nor Hoosier related (though the blogger in question has written about Hoosiers before -- rather hilariously so). Nope, my favorite blog post is Dave Barry's blow-by-blow account of the 2006 Academy Awards -- which I first read immediately following the awards. I admit, I got a huge laugh out of it at the time. Maybe it's one of those "you-had-to-be-there-at-the-time" things, but it still makes me chuckle to this day.

Dave Barry's blow-by-blow posts about the TV show 24 are just as bad. Worth checking out if you like that show at all.

And Sally gets major points for my favorite title for a blog post -- the title of the first comic book blog article I ever read: "Okay ... Hal's dead, let's drink beer!"

Now I reckon I better go find some other poor slobs who deserve tagging. I'm taggin' Folded Soup, Adama, Dwayne, Baal, and Lisa. Sorry about this, guys. You can take me out behind the covered bridge and shoot me later.

Happy montages, and yay for moms!

-- Sea of Green

6 comments:

SallyP said...

Why thank you, Sea! I have to admit I rather like that title too,
(mainly because it was so true) I have to go and read Dave Barry's article now.

Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Sea, please accept my apology for not partaking in this, mainly because I can't remember 104% of the blog posts that I read and if I could remember, I doubt that I could find them to link to them.

Sea_of_Green said...

LOL! It's okay, Dwayne -- At least you now have ammo ("Sea already got me!") against anyone else trying to tag you! ;-)

googum said...

Hey, I'm just trying to upgrade from "threat" to "menace."

I used to read Barry all the time, but like most folks, I don't get the paper as often as I used to. (I read the daily paper every morning up until college; sadly, it was a pretty weak paper...)

Lisa said...

I'm working on my post about the best post now!

aoc gold said...

COLORS

[1]

What is pink? A rose is pink

By the fountain's brink.

[2]

What is red? A poppy's red

In its barley bed.

[3]

What is blue? The sky is blue

Where the clouds float thro'.

[4]

What is white? A swan is white

Sailing in the light.

[5]

What is yellow? Pears are yellow,

Rich and ripe and mellow.

[6]

What is green? The grass is green,

With small flowers between.

[7]

What is violet? Clouds are violet

In the summer twilight.

[8]

What is orange? Why, an orange,

Just an orange!

---------- by maple story account