Saturday, July 19, 2008

Remembering Superman on a "Batman" weekend


YES, I saw The Dark Knight. YES, I loved it. YES, it seemed rather long, but for the life of me, I can't think of any scene I'd want to cut. It's so nice to see a superhero movie that actually requires the audience to THINK for a change. I also loved the super-realism. I LOVED Heath Ledger as the Joker (now THAT's the Joker!). I loved the relentless barrage of moral dilemmas confronting all of the heroes. Weirdly enough, though, what I loved best was Gary Oldman as Gordon. And, OHHHHHH, what they did with Gordon ...! Brilliant!

ALSO, separated at birth: Harvey Dent and Jonah Hex. Who knew? ;-)

Favorite action bit: Batman taking out an entire SWAT team BY HIMSELF.

And if I EVER have my very own corporation, I want Lucius Fox to run it.

I also saw the Watchmen trailer. I'm reserving judgement until the film is actually finished and released. Right now, the only thing that sticks in my mind is, Dr. Manhattan looks very fake to me. But, I'm also assuming that could be due to the fact that the effects aren't yet finished.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I'm actually really enjoying this in the meanwhile: http://www.ew.com/ew/static/watchmen/watchmen.html

My wife and I will be catching The Dark Knight tomorrow. Can't wait!

SallyP said...

Hmmmm....I may have to actually break down and do see this thing.

Great cartoon, by the way.