Sunday, July 20, 2008

Green Lantern "mystery art" project

Glass House Graphics often supplies artwork for comic book publishers (amongst other clients) in need of art and materials for promotional or out-of-house projects. Following are a bunch of drawings from their Studio Sakka division, which was/has been working on an "interactive project" based on Green Lantern. There's another, similar project based on Aquaman.

I have a zillion of these drawings, done by various artists. The ones posted here represent only a small sampling, and there are a zillion more floating around out there for collectors. Unfortunately, the guy I got them from (who sells and distributes art from Studio Sakka) has no idea what project they're from. All he knows is that it's an "interactive educational book," and that it's being published/distributed outside of the USA. (To me, the drawings look like coloring book pages -- but some of them are labelled "PC-MAC" on the back, so who knows?) At any rate, I'd love to hear from anyone who knows anything at all about these drawings, or the project they're related to.








(This one really cracks me up. GETTIM, Sapphire!):






5 comments:

Baal said...

Some of those have a Colleen Doran vibe to them but they're all pretty darn good!

SallyP said...

These are really neat. Some of them look as though the artist is a Frazetta fan to me, primarily the second scan.

It's weird but some of these actually look a bit more like Kyle than Hal. I suppose it must be the hair. Still, very nice indeed.

Sea_of_Green said...

I agree, Sally -- A few of these DO look like Kyle. Yeah, it's the hair. Gotta be the hair.

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

These are some real nice pages. I love the style :D.

AlpineBob said...

I think most of them ARE Kyle. The second from the bottom seems to be by Judd, but it may be Hal. They really are very similar in appearance at this level of detail...