Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Crisis Event to beat ALL Crisis Events!

Coming to YOU from the DCU next summer!

FIRST, there was the gut-wrenching Crisis of Infinite Earths!
AND THEN, there was the eyeball-wrenching Zero Hour!
The esophagus-wrenching Identity Crisis!
The hair-wrenching Infinite Crisis!
And the epiglottis-wrenching Final Crisis!

Ah, but Final Crisis isn't the final tale! In the most stunning Crisis epic YET, the Anti-Monitor is BACK (don't ask how; it won't make sense, anyway), and the heroes of the DCU face the greatest challenge of their lives! DC Comics is proud to present ... MIDLIFE CRISIS!













(Yes, yes, I know -- "Midlife Crisis" is a VERY old DC fanboy joke. I dunno what came over me ...)

9 comments:

Pete said...

It may be old, but that makes your execution of it no less brilliant. There's no way I could have pulled this off over at Fanwank...the problem with action figures is most of them don't have expressions!

SallyP said...

MAGNIFICENT!

You've outdone yourself with this one, I have to say.

Oh Hal. Never change.

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

ROFL!
This is genius. For once, I hadn't heard of this Midlife Crisis before this, heehee.
On second thought, if they ever did this, at least they'd have an edge. As it is, DC is worth so little, sadly.

Siskoid said...

If I haven't heard it before, it's new to me. Loved it!

Sea_of_Green said...

Okay, so maybe it's only an old joke in MY neck of the woods. :-) It's one of those things ya tend to overhear when walking into a comic book store around here: "Hey, wouldn't it be funny IF...?!"

ComicsAllTooReal's Chris said...

It would certainly be funnier than the current event ;)

Sea_of_Green said...

You aren't kiddin', Chris! ;-)

Tony Z™ said...

"And what's this crap about me being my own mom?!"

Classic!

Saranga said...

very good!