Friday, June 20, 2008

Yet one more reason for Batman to dislike Hal Jordan

From Dreamwar #3: In the process of trying to get the drop on their opponents, Hal first puts Batman in a giant green BULLET, and then puts the bullet in a giant green GUN -- and FIRES it!


Now, there's plenty of evidence that Hal Jordan doesn't mind using a gun when he has to, but BATMAN?!?! Batman's parents were killed by a gun! Batman HATES guns!

It's doubtful that Hal went with a gun for the purpose of messing with Batman (even though Batman really didn't have a choice in this matter). Hal was probably just being his usual, careless self and didn't even consider the fact that a gun was inappropriate. Still, you can bet this isn't gonna go far in endearing Hal to the Dark Knight.

6 comments:

SallyP said...

"FIRE me, boy!"

Sea_of_Green said...

Oh, CRUD, I can't remember what movie that's from. That's gonna bug me all day now!

SallyP said...

The Human Bullet, from Ben Englund's "The Tick" One of the funniest books and cartoons ever.

Sea_of_Green said...

Oh, that's RIGHT! I'm ashamed I didn't recognize it. I LOVE the Tick!

SallyP said...

Ahh, the Tick. Whenever I look up at a full moon, I experience a tiny bit of disappointment that there is C H A spelled out on the surface.

Sea_of_Green said...

"Ninjas are wacky!"