Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ivan Reis: The Green Lantern power ring charge

Artwork time! Please forgive me for crowing, but I'm SO HAPPY to have secured one of my favorite Ivan Reis Green Lantern pages, AND Reis's rough draft of the same page. Presenting, from Green Lantern #14 (2006), Ivan Reis's take on Hal Jordan charging up his power ring.

Here's Reis's rough draft:

Here's the finished page, inked by Oclair Albert:

Here's how the final page looks in the actual comic book, complete with lettering and Moose Bauman's colors:

Now I gotta figure out how to frame all this stuff.

Gosh, how I miss Moose.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

*sigh*

I miss Moose too.

But these are INSANELY gorgeous. Do you have All of these? They'd look fabulous framed and hanging together.

Sea_of_Green said...

Yep, they're MINE. ALL MINE. MWAAAA, HA, HA, HA, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

There's a nice frame shop in Broad Ripple Village that does a fabulous job with comic book art. They're VERY expensive, though. Framing may have to wait. :-\

SallyP said...

Awww...your house has the best artwork!

Sea_of_Green said...

T'anks! :-)