Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ollie meets Bono! (Well, no, not really)

Before I submit today's entry for Sally's ongoing Green Arrow weird-arrow challenge, I just gotta say ... Mr. Sea and I just returned from the Indiana State Museum, where we saw U2 3D at the IMAX theater. Wow. That was by far the most astonishing concert film I've ever seen -- and I'm only a mild U2 fan. Highly recommended for people who don't mind feeling -- er -- vertigo from watching 3D imagery on a screen that big.

And while we were at the IMAX, apparently we missed out on a tornado and a drop in temperature from the mid-50s(F) to the mid-20s(F) in less than one hour. Oh, well. That's Indiana for you.

Anyhoo, on to Green Arrow's weird arrows. I found THIS little gem today:


So, in order to be able to use remote control on an arrow, doesn't the arrow need to stay airborne for a rather extended (and ridiculous) period of time? I love comic book physics.

TWANG!

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Ok, I might as well just quit now, because there is NO way that I'm going to ever be able to top this.

A Tree-Trimming Arrow? How does he make it go in circles? Why would he eve THINK of such a thing?

Does he have an arrow that puts the ornaments away, and neatly stores them in the attic until next year?

Sea_of_Green said...

Yeah, ain't that a nifty arrow? It WOULD be nice if Ollie had arrows that could pack away all of the holiday decorations 'til next season. Wonder if he has an arrow that also cleans up pine needles? ;-)

SallyP said...

Aha! That's where the vacumn arrow comes in! Sure he used it to suck up Lois's pearls, but it would be GREAT for pine needles!