Monday, November 12, 2007

Let's pick on Green Arrow for a change

When it comes to joking about Green Arrow and his, er, shafts, I got nothin' on Adam Barnett over at Comics Make No Sense. I bow to Mr. Barnett's superior sense of the absurd. But I couldn't resist posting the following panel:

Poor Oliver (Green Arrow) Queen. It appears that Replikon is completely unfazed by his shaft. Not only that, Dinah (Black Canary) Lance seems rather amazed by Replikon's attitude (leading one to believe that Ollie's shaft must faze her quite a bit).

Even worse for dear Ollie's ego, he has competition. The person speaking from off-panel -- the one saying, "Let ME have a shot at him, kids--!" -- is none other than Hal (Green Lantern) Jordan. It seems that where shafts and fazing bad guys are concerned, Hal just can't resist trying to one-up Ollie.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh Hal. It HAD to be Hal. I'm sure that he was making "Shaft" jokes for a week. No wonder Ollie kept calling him a Nazi.

Adam Barnett said...

It's the off-panel comment by Hal (especially when I read it in a Glen Quagmire-sounding voice in my head) that makes this a classic.

Sea_of_Green said...

I think you're on to something, Sally. Ollie calling Hal a Nazi is due to sheer jealousy!

Greetings, Mr. Barnett! It's an honor having you here. :-)
Glen Quagmire--!
Oh, geez, now I'm stuck with mental images of Hal Jordan talking like Glen Quagmire: "I felt guilty once, but she woke up halfway through!"
AHHHH! MAKE IT STOP!! MAKE IT STOP!!