Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Flash's other, little-known super power

Apparently, in addition to having super speed, Barry (the Flash) Allen had a super power that no other Flash has exhibited. Check this out:

Yes, it seems that Barry Allen -- without the aid of any devices or equipment -- could talk underwater. He could really talk up a storm, in fact. Take into consideration this underwater battle with the Maugites (fancy name for Fish People):

Blah, blah, blah, blah ...

Monologue, monologue, monologue ...

Yak, yak, yak, yak ...

Now, GET THIS: After Barry finishes beating up the fish people, he climbs out of the water and THINKS to himself how nice it is to be able to breathe again:

Wow. Underwater, Barry Allen could talk while holding his breath. Not even Aquaman can do that. Barry must've really wowed 'em at Justice League parties by drinking glasses of water while talking at the same time. I am in awe.

5 comments:

Synth-Lin said...

I too am in awe. Well I'm not really I can do all of that. But then again I'm the synthetic clone of lindsay lohan.

Oh well this is a nice blog you've got here I like the colors. I also like the fact that your silver age centric. I love precious elements.

Oh well lots of love.

Lin

SallyP said...

Yeah, well...Batman can talk...in SPAAAACCCEEE!

Seriously, shouldn't it have been thought balloons IN the water, and talking OUT of the water? It does prove that Barry is just...awesome!

FoldedSoup said...

Come to think of it, with his speed he could "flicker" between two places and actually be the World's Greatest Ventriloquist!

Gah! I can't believe I thought of that. Geek card: renewed!

Sea_of_Green said...

Thanks, Lin! :-)

SURE Batman can talk in space, Sally. Batman can do anything. ;-)

Welcome back to Geekhood, Soup. Heh, heh, heh, heh ...

panzersharkcat said...

I seem to remember somebody mentioning Barry doing Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First" by himself to entertain the Justice League.